3 Hudson St. Chester, NY 10918 | 139 Stage Rd. Monroe, NY 10950
About Our Senior Funeral Director - Thomas F. X. Flynn, Jr.
Thomas Francis Xavier Flynn, Jr., (CFSP, CLC, CCO, LFD) fondly known by many as “Tommy”is the fifth of six children born to Thomas F.X. & Rita P. Flynn, Sr., they opened the Monroe location in 1954 and the Chester location in 1956. Their tradition of quality and individualized funeral and memorial services lives on in Thomas F. X. Flynn, Jr.
About Thomas F. X. Flynn, Jr.:
Tommy is married to Margie Patterson-Flynn a local elementary school teacher, and they have four children – Conor, Brendan, Shannon Marie and Liam Flynn. They reside in Monroe, NY – Tom grew up in the Chester Community. He attended St. Columba R.C. School in Chester, NY and John S. Burke Catholic High School in Goshen, NY. He went on to Mortuary Science College, and completed his course of study with High Honors. He began working in the funeral industry on July 3, 1983. Tommy moved back to Chester after completing his residency program in New York City and was asked by the local Pastor of St. Columba R.C. Church, to help the school by coaching the Basketball team. After the third session of coaching he met the Third Grade Teacher Margie Patterson and the rest is history, 18 months later Fr. Francis and Fr. George married Tommy and Margie. He has always been very fond of the lifelong friendship’s he has developed in the Chester and Monroe area, while attending school or playing sports. Tom is an avid runner and can often be seen in and around the Southern Orange County area running. He has been very active in the Chester and Monroe Communities with various Public and Church related organizations. He enjoys working on behalf of the local food banks and supporting their work. He enjoys the summer season and the New Jersey Shore enjoying time with family and friends.
Tommy has helped to train staff members at numerous Crematories in the United States regarding correct cremation procedures, He has conducted training seminars for crematories and equipment manufactures from around the United States. We have also been selected to lecture Mortuary Science students at several major Universities. Major Medical Schools in the Northeast have retained the services of Tommy and his staff to facilitate the final disposition of those donated in the memory of education and science. Tommy has created many memorials (Monuments) and has been retained by the Honorable Edward I. Koch, the former Mayor of the City of New York and Dr. Robert Ray Parks the 15th Rector of Trinity Church to design and place their memorials. Its a credit to Tommy on the manner by which major universities various religious groups and individuals from all walks of life, call on him to manage the details that need to be attended to in a calm and professional manner, when a death event or ceremony is needed to represent the life lived.
- NYS Licensed Funeral Director since July 4, 1984
- New York State Certified Crematory Operator
- Cremation Association of North America Certified Crematory Operator since 1989
- National Certified Life Celebrant – 2 Certifications
- Member of National Funeral Directors Association
- Member of CANA (Cremation Association of North America
- Member of Metropolitan Funeral Directors (NYC) for 25 years
- President & Trustee of Oxford Hills Crematory, BOARD MEMBER SINCE 1988
Community Memberships & Affiliations
- Ancient Order of Hibernians Joseph Duelk, Jr. Division One, Orange County, NY, - Former President, Vice President, Financial Secretary & Recording Secretary - 2015 Vice President. The 2016 and now 2017 President of the Joseph Duelk, Jr., Division 1, AOH
- Ancient Order of Hibernians County Board
- Member of The Pipes and Drums of the Ancient Order of Hibernians of Orange County since 1984.
- Knight Of Columbus Council 2079, Monroe, NY since 1987.
- Charter Member – 4th Degree Knight of the John Cardinal O’ Connor Assembly 2640
- Holy Name Society – Chairman of the Annual Corn Beef and Cabbage Dinner
- Chester Kiwanis – Chairman of the Annual Chester Clean up Day
- Mid Hudson Parade long time sponsor, contributor and director since 1985.
- Original Gold and then First Platinum Sponsor of Mid Hudson Parade
- St. Brendan’s Gaelic Football Club, Orange County longtime Gold Sponsor and Contributor.
- Chairman of Clergy Dinner of Orange County for the AOH and LAOH Division 1 and Division 5
- Community Basketball, Soccer, Baseball & Gaelic Football Coach or Sponsor in Chester & Monroe.
- Lifelong member of St. Columba R.C. Church, Chester, NY
- Former Board Member of Hospice of Orange & Sullivan Counties
- Former Board of Directors of Footings, Inc.
- Charter Member of Monroe Chamber
Thomas F. X. Flynn, C.F.S.P.,L.F.D
Loretta M. Flynn-Murphy, L.F.D.
Michael Onorato, L.F.D.